Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Who woulda thunk?

I don't know if anyone else was in shock when the announcement was made that our ward was splitting but between Nathan and I, we had death stares on our faces. We looked at each other and had a sibling telepathic conversation. This is what happened in Nathans head " Rachel! Who's going to teach Sunday School next week? Two of the teachers just moved to a new ward!" This is what went through my head "We're putting the other wards to shame with our numbers..." however, because both of us knew it was what the lord wanted, we made the decision to sustain the new ward. I have a confession. I have never had a problem sustaining anyone in a calling before but Sunday I had extra weight in my arm when I lifted it up. I'm definitely going to miss those that are moving to the new ward. So in honor of those that are leaving, goodbye, keep in touch, best of luck, we love you, keep asking for numbers, and know that we're always like 60 ft away from you when you're in priesthood and relief society!
Lots of love,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. It was rough for me too, but I also knew it was the best thing to do, and the will of the Lord...will still miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete